This spring kick off spring cleaning by hosting a shred event through Lemay!
Over the long winter months things like credit card bills, receipts, and other things have non-doubt piled up on your desk. While traditional shredding may be your go-to way to get rid of clutter, it’s not safe and can put your personal information in jeopardy. So what’s the best way to kick-start your spring cleaning and safely discard of old information?
Host a shred event through Lemay!
Invite your friends and family to join you for a night of food, shredding, and fun. Shred events are an unconventional but great way to clean out old documents while having a good time with friends.
4 Reasons to Host a Shred Event this Spring
- Hosting a shred event saves you time. Especially if you don’t own a shredder, it can be a hassle to find a place and time that works with your busy schedule to go shred your documents. By hosting a shred event, the shredder comes to you, literally. All you have to do is show our staff what needs to be shredded, and we take care of the rest.
- It saves you money. By hosting a shred event with friends and family you can split costs. The more people you invite, the less expensive it can be.
- A reason to reconnect. This last year has been tough on all of us. Not seeing people can put a strain on relationships. By hosting an outdoor event you create the perfect opportunity to reconnect and see loved ones who you’ve had to be apart from. There are ways to easily make your shred event COVID compliant to ensure the safety of you and your guests. Our staff follow all COVID-19 protocols to ensure that we keep you as safe as possible.
- It’s safer. Our mobile shredding truck is up to military standard to ensure the complete destruction of your confidential information. A video camera inside the mechanism captures the entire process on film, while a built-in monitor lets you watch the whole process, live. After your documents are shredded, we present you with a certification of destruction.
Not sure what not to shred? Our guide on What You Shouldn’t Shred has some helpful tips that can help you avoid getting rid of something you shouldn’t.
How a Home Shred Event Works:
- While you wait for our staff to arrive, you and your guests wait in the comfort of your home or backyard sharing life, food and drink.
- Our NAID (National Association of Information Destruction) certified personnel will come to your home, load your documents into a secured bin, and destroy them on-site in our mobile shredding truck in front of you and your guests.
- You can witness the whole process from start to finish via a provided video monitor.
- Afterwards, you will be presented with a certificate that certifies the destruction of your documents.
Stress less about shredding and give us a call to schedule your shred event today.